Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sleep, sleep come back to me...

Everyone knows that when you have a baby you will, for a time, sleep less. Now, when you have 2 babies does that mean 2x less. When you add 2 babies to 1 four year old, what is the nth degree? When you add 2 babies to 1 four year old to 1 husband and 1 dog, let's face it, there is just no hope. I search in vain for 8 hours.

Of course that is not to say we haven't come a long, long way. The babies no longer eat every 2 hours. In fact, they now go to bed between 7 and 8 and sleep some part of the hours until 4 am when they eat again. They go back to sleep until 7 when they wake for the day. The problem with this schedule is that 1) I don't go to bed between 7 and 8. 2) It doesn't account for the "other" night time needs (you know - Kayla, Clay, Noble, my ridiculous appetite, the over flowing milk supply, the raccoon that breaks into the porch...).

I actually dream of sleep. While falling asleep last night, my final thought though was "boy, I wish I could find time blog..."

No comments: